When looking for a new vehicle, you need a car that's as stylish and versatile as you are. The 2018 Chevrolet Malibu perfectly combines beauty with efficiency. Windswept body lines and an agile stance make this car look and feel smooth as it glides down the road. The Malibu Hybrid comes with a 1.8L hybrid engine that boasts an exceptional 49 city MPG1 with a Driver Efficiency Gauge to give you constructive feedback on how your driving habits can improve your vehicle’s efficiency. This car truly strikes the perfect balance between luxurious and sporty, putting it in a class of its own. It may be a midsize car, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice space. The interior is designed to be not only spacious, but also technologically advanced to help you get the most out of every gallon.
Your car is a member of your family, and family members look out for each other. That is the idea behind the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu’s Teen Driver in-vehicle system—to encourage safe driving habits in young drivers. This system can let parents know how their teenager has been doing on the road. It also offers audible and visual warnings when a teen is traveling over preselected speeds, or it can mute audio when seatbelts aren’t fastened. Let your car help by looking out for the safety of your teen and your entire family. The New 2018 Chevrolet Malibu is designed to give you peace of mind. Offering 11 available active safety technologies such as Lane Change Alert and Side Blind Zone Alert, along with a comprehensive air bag2 sensing system, this vehicle ensures you can rest easy wherever your journey takes you. It works hard to prevent collisions altogether and respond quickly if anything does happen.
You need a car that is both connected and fully compatible to your desires when you’re on the go. The 2018 Chevrolet Malibu comes equipped with built-in USB ports3 and wireless charging4 available for your ultimate convenience. Connect up to seven devices with available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi®5 and rest easy knowing you’ll have a connection wherever the road carries you. This vehicle is compatible with available Apple CarPlay™6 and Android Auto™7 to meet the individual smartphone preferences of you and your passengers. Never forget to check the back seats again with the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu’s Rear Seat Reminder that chimes and sends a message via the driver information center when a back door is opened during or just before a trip. This car works hard to make safety a top priority.
Drive like you have something to prove. The 2018 Chevrolet Malibu gives you performance that doesn’t let up with the choice of two turbocharged engines available based on your preferences. With the turbocharged 1.5L ECOTEC® engine, you get technologies like Variable Valve Timing and Direct Injection that provide an impressive 36 highway MPG8. Also get the 2.0L turbocharged ECOTEC engine that offers 250-horsepower, plus a 9-speed automatic transmission for the highest strength and performance possible. The 2018 Chevrolet Malibu ensures that your vehicle can still pack a punch, even when you’re driving a midsize car. Upgrade to something better that was designed with your needs in mind.
- EPA-estimated 49 MPG city/43 highway.
- Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more information.
- Not compatible with all devices.
- The system wirelessly charges one PMA- or Qi-compatible mobile device. Some devices require an adaptor or back cover. To check for phone or other device compatibility, visit my.chevrolet.com/learn for details.
- Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Data plans provided by AT&T.
- Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible iPhone and data plan rates apply. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android compatible smartphone running Android 5.0 Lollipop or higher and data plan rates apply. Android, Android Auto, Google, Google Play and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.
- EPA-estimated 1.5L engine 27 MPG city/36 highway.