GM Owner Preferred Program Terms and Conditions
The following document describes the terms and conditions pursuant to which Antelope Valley Chevrolet offers you access to and use of the Antelope Valley Chevrolet Preferred Owner Program (the “Program”).
- The Program is a loyalty program sponsored by Antelope Valley Chevrolet through which owners can earn points (dollars) which may be applied to future service at Antelope Valley Chevrolet.
- All points (dollars) earned have no monetary value and can only are redeemed at Antelope Valley Chevrolet under the terms and conditions set forth herein.
PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM
- All retail customers, over the age of 18, who have had service (labor and/or parts) performed on their vehicles; or bought accessories and/or parts from Antelope Valley Chevrolet are eligible to participate in the Program.
- Employees of Antelope Valley Chevrolet, or its subsidiaries, are not eligible to participate in the Preferred Owner Program.
- Businesses, Fleet customers or wholesale customers are not eligible to participate in the Program.
- Participation in the Program constitutes each Preferred Owner’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
EARNING PROGRAM POINTS (DOLLARS)
- When you are first enrolled in the Program as a Preferred Owner you will receive a Preferred Owner card. The card is to be used for each eligible transaction.
- Points (dollars) are earned with the following transactions:
- With each service department repair order (parts and labor) you earn 5% of the total dollars you spend (less all taxes and waste disposal fees) towards a future service.
- With each parts and/or accessory transaction, you earn 5% of the total dollars you spend (less all taxes) towards a future service or parts or accessory purchase.
- Extended warranty, Factory warranty and Insurance deductibles are not eligible to earn Program Points (dollars).
- Points (dollars) are only earned on out of pocket charges for service R.O.s and parts invoices, before taxes or fees.
- With each purchase you make online through our “Points Plus” web portal, you will receive a percentage of your purchase as points on your rewards card from the retailer. Points will take 30-45 days to post from date of shipment.
- The current list of participating retailers is available online at www.gmpreferredowner.com and is subject to change at any time.
- The Reward of points (dollars) is limited to 300 in any one transaction.
- The Reward point redemption is limited to $300 in any one transaction.
- The Reward points are no valid on tire purchases.
USING PROGRAM POINTS (DOLLARS)
- Upon enrolling in the Program, Preferred Owners will receive (3) identical cards for use in the program.
- The Preferred Owners Card must be presented to your Service Advisor at time of payment for rewards/redemptions to be applied.
- Preferred Owners can use their reward points (dollars) for any customer pay service (parts and labor) expense up to a maximum of $300.00 in any one transaction.
- Preferred Owners Program Points will expire if not used in a 24 months period of time.
- Program points (dollars) have no cash value.
- Program points (dollars) are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Program points (dollars) can only be redeemed at Antelope Valley Chevrolet.
- Returned items purchased with Program points (dollars) will not be exchanged for cash. The Program points applied to the purchase of the returned item will be credited back to the Preferred Owner’s account.
- The Program cannot be used in combined with any other special, offers or discounts.
- Discounts, points or earnings cannot be used for vehicles purchased under the (i) GM New Vehicle and Company Vehicle Purchase Programs for employees and eligible family member, (ii) GM Supplier Vehicle Purchase Program or the (iii) GM Dealership Employee Vehicle Purchase Program.
- Points accrued from parts or service transactions cannot be applied towards the purchase of a vehicle.
- Points Plus program points must be used within twelve (12) months of the date they were earned. Unused Points Plus points will expire after twelve (12) months and will not be recoverable.
- Points Plus program points earned are deposited into the customer’s Service account balance and cannot be used in the sales department.
- When redeeming points, Points Plus points will automatically be used before regular Program points, unless otherwise requested at time of redemption.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Neither Antelope Valley Chevrolet nor General Motors, Maritz, FMR (“third party suppler”) and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys, shareholders, agents, and successors, and assigns shall not be liable for injury to any person or property whatsoever resulting from the use of, inability to use, or the termination of the Program; or, for incidental, consequential, indirect, punitive, exemplary, special or other damages, costs or expenses of any kind (such as, but not limited to, loss of profits or revenues or damage to or loss of personal property or data), whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, whether or not Antelope Valley Chevrolet or any third party supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages, costs or expenses.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, neither Antelope Valley Chevrolet nor any of its third party suppliers shall be responsible for any damages, costs or expenses delays or errors or other similar damages, costs or expenses resulting from the use of, inability to use, or termination of the Program.
- In the event that either Party breaches its obligations under this Agreement, the non-breaching Party shall have the right to exercise all rights and remedies available to it at LAW OR IN EQUITY; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THE LIABILITY OF THE BREACHING PARTY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM IN WHICH ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE ACTION MAY BE BROUGHT, SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT, ACTUAL DAMAGES ONLY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES AND REMEDIES ARE WAIVED, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH ACTUAL DAMAGES EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT THE PROGRAM POINTS ACCUMULATED BY THE PREFERRED OWNER AT THE TIME THE CLAIM IS ASSERTED, LESS ANY CREDITS PREVIOUSLY APPLIED BY CHEVROLET OF IRVINE.
ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES
- Any controversy arising from participating in the Program or its breach shall be determined by one arbitrator appointed as set out below:
- Within ten (10) days after a notice by either Party to the other requesting arbitration and stating the basis of the Party’s claim, one arbitrator shall be chosen by written agreement of both Parties.
- The arbitration shall be conducted under Code of Civil Procedure §1280-1294.2.
- The Parties, however, agree to limit any discovery rights to the taking of depositions and the production of documents pursuant to the California Code of Civil Procedure.
- The prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its costs and attorneys’ fees.
- The provisions of this Agreement will be deemed severable, and if any provision of this Agreement is held illegal, void or invalid under applicable law, such provision may be changed to the extent reasonably necessary to make the provision legal, valid and binding. If any provision of this Agreement is held illegal, void or invalid in its entirety, the remaining provisions of this Agreement will not be affected but will remain binding in accordance with their terms.
- This Agreement will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of California, without reference to conflict of laws principles.
If you have any questions about the GM Preferred Owner Program, any of the details listed above, or how to enroll; please Contact Us or give us a call at (877) 502-1417